Friday, December 12, 2008

I couldn't ask for a better job....

Alright (She starts off with a happy sigh)…Blogging, blogging, blogging.

Anyways I want to talk about how much I love my job.

10:42 on Thursday night…. I was supposed to go out with my girlfriend Lindsay, who I actually met through the store, or maybe my other girlfriend Emily who I also met through the store. But I was exhausted because I was busy with my clients today (who are also my friends). Isn’t that cool? That’s really one of the main reasons I love my job so much. I have the most incredible people who shop in my store, who honestly become really good friends that I really value.They’re my clients, if we don’t end up going out for cocktails or going out for dinner, I value them as well. Even though with some of them, we may not have as intimate relationship, I really think they are just unbelievable people.

Leslie, one of my clients, who has been a client for years….she’s so darling. She works for Studio, and she’s just so cute… She really made it fun today. She was in shopping for her friend, actually selling to her friend who lives in Utah. She really cared what her friend looked like, and ended up sending her a few sweaters. I just thought it was so cute, and she works for a Studio, it’s not even her job. It’s not her gig, she’s not a sales girl. She hasn’t been shopping this year, but today she got some fantastic pieces to integrate into her wardrobe, that will honestly make it all brand new. She got this fantastic Modern Amusement blazer, that is such a great price and it’s so beautiful on. She also had on this stunning 3.1 purple rhinestone top- that I’m mad for. Her third piece was this cropped Autumn Cashmere 50’s style sweater with the ruffled collar. It’s breath taking, I’ve got it two colors—and I’m mad for it! Everything looked beautiful, and it will just freshen up entire wardrobe.

Another one of my clients Jessica, who I swear has been my customer for probably 8 years, maybe even 9…but since she moved out here…and she’s so darling. Anyways Jessica is a writer and is absolutely beautiful as well…. She also hasn’t been shopping a lot this year. But she came in and got some fantastic pieces, to put in her wardrobe, mix them all up and make it look beautiful. She got this great purple Geren Ford dress/ tunic…well you can wear it as a tunic, but I would wear it as a dress and Jess is wearing it as a dress. She has this silvered metallic Autumn Cashmere cardigan that is wonderful and it looked gorgeous over it. She got these navy cropped Elizabeth and James cigarette pants, well not cropped, but right to the ankle. She got this fantastic button down white Vince shirt to wear with the pants…. Oh and she got this ridiculously gorgeous strapless black Mason dress. That is uber sexy. And again she can wear the cardigan with the Vince blouse underneath it, it looks awesome.


There were a couple other pieces that right now I can’t remember for the life of me….

Anyways I just enjoyed spending time with them so much, and I really loved helping them freshening up their wardrobe. They were excited and I was excited…. They were just so lovely. You really couldn’t ask for better people; and that’s what I get to do every day. I get to go play dress up and dress other people up who love getting dressed up.

What a fun job, huh? ???

No comments: